Not a whole lot has happened since I last blogged. Kiana finished up her third season of soccer and was given the coveted "Footwork Wizard Award" by her coach. She has been doing great in school and we've learned that she is quite the little spelling queen. The teacher decided to give her tougher words to spell since she has been acing all the previous exams (A+++). So her last test included the words castle, candles, answer, dragon, shadow, rabbit, happy and November. A pretty tough list for first grade especially when you consider that the rest of the class is spelling words like- can, pan, tan, ran, plant and grass! So, we are so proud that she got an 87% on her last test. She only misspelled the word answer. We've also have discovered that Kiki is already interested in boys!!!! GOD HELP US!!!!
Kole is having a ball in preschool. Everyday he runs into class without saying goodbye to me. : ( I suppose it could be worse. Some moms can't get their kids to let go of them while screaming I DON'T WANT TO GO!!!!! At least he's excited to see me when I pick him up. He has some buddies in his class as well as some girls who are quite fond of him. It's really cute! They draw him pictures and yell Kolie's here when he arrives. I know it is a sign of things to come so while it is still cute, I'm going to enjoy it.
I do have a couple of Kolie stories to share.......... The other day while walking from his preschool classroom to the chapel for bible study, the teacher who was leading them to the chapel got distracted by another teacher and Kole took off running with all the other kids running behind him. It took the teachers a few minutes to round them up and Kole was on the other side of the church. I like to think that he is creative and opportunistic rather than rebellious, but I know the truth no matter how I sugar-coat it. The other story is much sweeter. The other day, Kiana and I had been talking about the differences between boys and girls and how they behave. While handing Kole his favorite Teddy, I asked Kole if his Teddy was a Girl Teddy or a Boy Teddy. He looked at me like I was crazy and said "Mommy......... Teddy is a BEAR!!!" : ) Ah, out of the mouths of babes.
2 comments:
Yippie, so glad you got another blog. Thanks for the good stories!
Hobie, Mei-Mei and Anna all say HELLO to the Kimmels
Post a Comment